Monday 23 May 2011

Getting into Photography

My first memory of being aware of photography is having my father point a camera at me when I was little. My uncle used to joke that my brother and I were so well-trained that every time a camera was pointed in our direction, no matter what we were doing, or whether we were mid-talking or mid-tantrum, our faces would automatically switch on the charismatic smiles.

Around the age of 4 or 5, I remember seeing one of my dad's photos which he captured with a magical looking speckled background of rainbow-coloured interwoven spots, and I remember thinking: "I want to know how to do that some day".

20 years later, here I am, finally on the path to finding out how to do that (and hopefully a lot more!). At this stage I know pretty close to zero about photography, but every journey starts somewhere, and for me, this journey starts here.

I'll be delighted to have your company as I explore the great unknown world of photography before me.

It's gonna be interesting! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment